This week we are deconstructing our conversation from last week with Carrie Sharpe. Here’s that episode. Carrie is a mom of 5, who is navigating “older” children as her first child prepares to leave the nest. Liz and Kate discuss:
- Bonuses of having older children.
- How children can contribute to the household, using incentives!
- Carrie’s tips for keeping her relationship with her husband strong.
- Where you can find time for your relationship when you have young kids.
- Letting go of the guilt to go on date night.
- How partnership is work.
“We all get stuck in a rut, we need to remember to re-evaluate.” – Kate
“It is in those times of crisis that brings challenges and strengths to the forefront.” – Liz
“It’s always a work in progress.” – Liz
“Marriage is portrayed as blissful all the time, and it’s NOT. There are really hard times you need to work through.” – Kate
MORE FROM CARRIE:
MORE FROM MOM DECONSTRUCTED:
MORE FROM KATE:
MORE FROM LIZ: